I love babies. To all who know me this is no surprise! Every time I hold one of these little bundles I am ready to jump back in and have one more. This sweet angel was sleeping so soundly, she didn’t wake up once. A huge congrats to her mommy and daddy!
I just love this baby, my Brynny B turns one today!!!! It’s so bitter sweet as she may be our last child….. might be…. ;) I’m so excited to celebrate her birthday with all of our friends and family. After looking back on the year there have been so many memories, finding her voice…( more like screaming), learning to crawl, how she did NOT like eating rice cereal and moved stright to finger foods, and so much more.
To my sweet B, you have brought us so much joy in this first year with you. I can’t wait to watch you grow and change into a toddler and a little girl. Your sisters love you and you are one tough baby being carried around by Hadley… even though mommy says she’s not allowed. Thank you for being my baby, I wish you’d never grow up.
All the mommas out there, if you have children… hug, squeeze and kiss them because they only stay tiny for so long.
I was so pleased when Sara contacted to me to photograph her maternity and newborn photos!! It was such a honor when she said that she had been following my work and was excited to book with me. The weather was rainy which is typical for the valley but we managed to grab a couple shots outside of the studio…. umbrellas and all! Soon enough little Karter came along, and he is such a handsome little man. He was such an angel during our session, he slept when he was supposed to, and was awake when we needed him, overall he posed like a pro. I was excited to get so many great shots!!
I love this shot of Sara! She had such a cute baby belly!
He is just too, too, too sweet!!!
Proud daddy and mommy.
This my first ever Tuesday’s Tips, I want to share and help!! This is for brides to be, families, moms, and learning photographers. Every week you can check here to keep updated on the Tip of the week. Well here it goes!!
If you’re getting family photos taken you know finding an outfit for the whole family is a huge task! Everything has to be perfect, the colours, is there a pattern, are we too matchy?? Ahhhhh! It can be overwhelming. Here are a couple of tips when picking your clothes for the shoot.
- Be inspired by the season you are getting them taken in.
- Pick a key colour that pops, and that you would want to feature.
- Accessorize! A scarf if it’s winter, a cute head band in the spring… etc…
- Be aware of shoes! Yes! I will focus in on your shoes.
- Wear what you are comfortable in, it shows in the photos.
- Avoid logos, they can be distracting in your photos.
- Don’t be afraid of colour.
- Try to avoid super shiny clothes.
- Stick to one style, casual, formal… try not to mix them together.
- Over all have FUN with it!!!!
I LOVE these combos!! Something simple, yet has that pop of colour!
I love the colour in the clothes in these two photos!!! It really gives them character, they really stand out. I also really like primary colours!
Well that is it for this time! I hope this helps for our next session on what to wear. See you soon!
Welcome!! This is my first “Favourite Photo” contest. I love going through my session folders choosing my favourite images of 2011. Now it’s your turn to cast your vote and let me know what you think.
1. Each individual person may vote for one photo, one time only.
2. To cast your vote, just leave me a comment in the comment section below with your email address. Please include your comment under this blog post “Favourite Photo” and NOT within another blog post comment box. Comments left inadvertently under a different blog post will NOT be counted. Please identify by coordinating image number and image title.
3. If you’re not a Fan on Facebook, head on over and hit “Like” now. Fans, and only fans, will get a ONE MORE VOTE! Please indicate in your comment below that you have “Liked” the Fan Page. Do not comment twice.
Also, winners will be announced on the Ashley Martens Photography Facebook Fan Page so keep checking there for updates!
4. Please double check to be sure your email is typed in correctly. Very important.
5. Send this to ALL of your friends and family and get them to vote for your favorite image and “Like” Ashley Martens Photography on Facebook.
1st place : One complimentary weekday session!!!! (Value $200)
2nd & 3rd place : $100 gift card towards future session.
4th & 5th place : $50 gift card towards future session.
Additional $100 Gift certificate toward a future session will be
given randomly to one of my Facebook fans!!
So if your not a fan become one!!!
So please vote and “Like” Ashley Martens Photography!!!!
Contest will end Friday February 10th at 11:59pm!! So go cast your vote!!
without further ado, here are the images in no particular order!!